How To Join The Texins Flying Club
The Texins Flying Club is a non-profit flying club based at McKinney National Airport. Our purpose is to encourage an interest in aviation, to advance the knowledge of our members in aeronautical and navigational subjects, and to bring more people the social benefits and pleasure of flying. Since our beginning in 1966, the Texins Flying Club has been dedicated to making recreational flying safe, affordable, and fun in the DFW area.
Currently our club is open to any general aviation pilot or someone interested in learning fly. We have Certified Flight Instructors who are members of the flying club that offer both initial and recurrent training for all ratings from Private through Airline Transport Pilot.
Benefits to Membership:
- Access to a variety of aircraft
- Economical way of Flying
- Covered under club’s insurance policy
- Well maintained, clean and equipped aircraft
- Contact with other pilots and flying enthusiasts.
- Online Scheduling for Members
An additional resource to help you decide if the Texins Flying Club is right for you is to attend one of our membership meetings. We hold these monthly and guests are always welcome. Membership meetings are held on the second Saturday of each month in the upstairs conference room at McKinney Air Center and starts at 9:30 AM. If you have other questions about our club, please give us a call at 469-630-1660.
- There is a onetime initiation fee of $180 for all new members. For immediate family members, of current or new members, that wish to join the club the initiation fee is $90.
- Monthly each member is required to pay a membership fee of $75 and immediate family members in the club will pay $37.50. These fees will be billed for the month along with the monthly rental fees. When joining be aware that we do NOT prorate dues based on the day of the month.
For more information contact Scott Kirkland by email at firstname.lastname@example.org