The TEXINS Flying Club is a subsidiary organization of the Dallas TEXINS Association, a non profit organization. Our purpose, as stated in our Constitution is "... to encourage interest in aviation, to advance the knowledge of the members in aeronautical and navigational subjects, and to bring to more people the social benefits and pleasure of flying."
To accomplish this TFC provides the following services:
- TFC sponsors a Private Pilot Ground School two times a year and arranges for the FAA written examination to be given.
- Club approved flight instructors are provided to members upon request.
- A fleet of trainer and cross country aircraft is provided at McKinney airport. Aircraft scheduling is handled via an on-line scheduler.
- TFC sponsors safety seminars as well as providing safety related programs at membership meetings. Membership meeting programs also provide topics of interest to all airmen.
- Advanced training & aircraft are available for you once you have obtained your pilot's license.
- TFC social activities include a yearly picnic as well as our monthly membership meetings on the second Saturday of every month. Coffee and donuts are provided before each meeting.
- All of the above services are provided in the most cost-effective means to our members. We challenge you to try and find a more safe, fun, and economical way to learn to fly.
Please note that Texins Flying Club's membership is governed by Article V from the Texins Flying Club Constitution; see Member Information